Tuesday, November 29, 2022

Well they've changed their logo but I'm pretty sure it was smart balance

But when I really got what the process of hydrogenation was
I decided that that was not really all that healthy

And in fact I'm not sure butter isn't healthy in small amounts

Although I've got to say when I eat butter I'm not sure that I really do eat it in small amounts

But I don't eat it very often

What I mostly use is coconut oil
Or olive oil
Or toasted sesame seed oil

But I do like butter
And I like ghee but butter's easier you know
Also cheaper

But that vegan butter is so delicious
Oh yeah like I was saying margarine tasted more like butter than butter
But I don't think this well it might have added flavor I don't know but it's got pretty good ingredients and it has cultures so it's at least marginally fermented-ish

Anyway I don't buy it very often
But here is how I feel about it
If I had a bagel
I would be expecting to put cream cheese on that actually that's not true I don't use cream cheese I use that neufchatel

When it first came in the grocery store in the f*** I don't know late '70s early '80s we tried it I want to say it was my grand-gran and I and it's got a better texture it's a little less hard schmears better Plus it has a little bit of tartness to it which in my opinion is far superior to regular cream cheese

Okay so now you know how I feel about cream cheese and the specificity with which I define my dairy products

If I had this vegan butter in my house when I was toasting a bagel I would have to think about it to decide whether I wanted to put cream cheese or this vegan butter on it

Now I think cream cheese was still went out
But I would have to think about it
Because there is just that kind of creamy quality to it that butter doesn't really have
I mean it does but it also

You know I don't even know exactly what I'm talking about All I know is this stuff is like amazing

And it's kind of irritating because it doesn't come in like sticks right like you would get sticks of butter or sticks of margarine or a tub of margarine and this would be great if it was in a tub but it's not in a tub it's in one big block

Which is you know I mean it's kind of fun but it's also not really very convenient

But I don't even care
But since it is softer and easier to cut off the thing I mean you use more of it because it's easier to use
So I have not really felt like I could make that my regular everyday butter

Cuz it's much more expensive
But you know then you just enjoy it more when you have it right and you can get it pretty much any time
I mean the imperfect doesn't always have it I don't know always use the imperfect
But I'm pretty sure all the whole foods carry it

And maybe those sprouts too
It kind of depresses me to go into whole foods now

And they'll deliver in 2 hours
So I mean I guess technically I could order it and have it delivered and not have to go in the depressing whole foods and I mean right now I'm sick I'm not going anywhere
So they'll deliver it in 2 hours
But it's 9.99
Which I mean you know if they're bringing you a whole bunch of groceries that would be a deal but like if I want three things that are going to be like I don't know $30 say
Well if I add 9.99 to that that increases the price by 25%
And I mean they've still provided the same service so I'm not saying oh that's highway robbery or whatever so not their fault you didn't order a whole bunch of groceries but I it just doesn't sit right

I mean if I were on DoorDash it's really not any different
Cuz if I order you know a thing at Whataburger that normally cost me $15 and then I order it on DoorDash it cost me $25
Between the fees and the blah blah and the tip and the blah blah it's just what it is we'll bring you something it's going to be 10 bucks

I don't know why I have so much of a problem with the whole foods version

Maybe I just have a problem with whole foods
But I think probably
It's more likely that when I started with the DoorDash
I was not really in my right mind
And I needed comfort food
But it could have bear the thought of interacting with another human being both from a social aspect and from a germ aspect

And I wasn't buying those things regularly enough to know exactly what they were and you know tip wouldn't be included in that and blah blah and so it just isn't as a parent initially how much extra you're paying

and whatever I'm not saying it's not worth it

I mean after I figured out that it was that amount more it didn't stop me from doing it

I think it's just
With the whole foods they were like
Hey will bring you what you want
Will bring it to you in 2 hours
But it's going to cost you

And again I don't know