Thursday, November 24, 2022

Did I describe the wonton soup
I know I described the way the soup used to be
But I don't know
If I describe the way the soup is
The matzah ball soup
My main problem with it was that it had too much salt and too much spice
But like not in a good way

But I didn't have a problem with the texture like I said and
Although there is a very consummate quality to their broth and I want to call it anxious no not anxious anxious
Unctuous
I wasn't sure if that was the right word so I looked it up and sort of
It did have a very oily quality to it but I don't necessarily find that to be unpleasant in a comfort food soup
But unctuous has kind of a negative connotation of it said oily or soapy

The reason why I like and say I don't think matzo ball soup could replace for me wanton soup which is my kind of go-to I'm feeling really sick or I've had a really rough day or whatever That's like my go-to soup
But that Chinese broth it's like there's a way in which it's both a bone broth and a consummate you know which maybe the matzo ball soup is too but there's a way in which that wanton soup broth is so like just core
Like it's a level of perfection that could be matched but never surpassed

I can't believe I used to put soy sauce in it because that totally covers up all the delicacy the nuance of the broth
And then it has like a little bit of greens actually I think this place that I like the most doesn't have the big bok choy leaves and I prefer those but just the complete package on this soup is I don't know it's got very thinly sliced cabbage so it's like translucent web of vegetable matter through the broth and then it's got the dumplings

And usually what I do
So let it cool off a little bit and it's in this like quart container and then I basically drink the soup and fish the dumplings out with chopsticks

And again these dumplings are just literally they've got some kind of meat which again it's probably pork but it might be a blend for all I know of pork and chicken or I don't know I just don't know but it's very simply seasoned very smooth meat and the dumplings are just a great texture they're soft but they're a little bit chewy but I don't know it's just the most not no frills minimalist wonton soup experience

And apparently that is what does it for me

It's like that chicken broth that's like when you drink it you feel health entering your body you know you've got that kind of bone broth with the consomme so you feel like you're getting fortified from the bones of the chicken and the meat of the chicken you know I mean it's just like essence of chicken

And that cabbage that web of cabbage I don't know it's I just love the soup so much