Monday, November 14, 2022

I went to visit Kitty at the hospital today
I went this morning at 9:30
They have visiting hours in the morning in the evening
He seemed like he was doing a lot better he was still a little bit like maybe he was still a little bit sedated
But when I went last night he was very sedated and he had the catheter in and he had the IV in
And they just took me back to the I don't know what they call it it's where they do surgeries but they also have cages that they have the animals in
And he seemed kind of disoriented and whatever and I just you know petted him and told him I loved him and that I wasn't abandoning him cuz I'm worried about him having you know PTSD from when he was a stray

Well this morning they had taken the catheter out and the IV out and they brought him into a room and he was mostly looking for a way to escape

Cuz if you're a prisoner it's your first obligation to escape right
But I'm like kitty you're not a prisoner
You told me you needed help
But I did not have the ability to help you
So I brought you here
These people can help you

So try to be communicative with them the same way that you're communicative with me
And above all
You need to pee

So he sat down next to me and let me pet him and they only let you have about 20 or 30 minutes
More like 20

And they were like well you know if he pees on his own we won't have to put the catheter back in but if he doesn't then we will

Anyway I had an appointment to go for visiting hours this evening at 6:30
I've been feeling really bad today
Like I thought I was going to throw up
Maybe I had food poisoning
I don't know I don't know what's up with me I didn't throw up I tried because I felt like I needed to but I couldn't
But you know well maybe you don't maybe everybody doesn't know this but when I was a kid I was sick a lot and I also got stomach viruses and whatever and there seem to be lots of other things that would make me throw up like if I drink iced tea in the morning although in fairness it was instant powdered iced tea

So I know that when I'm going to throw up I get all this spit in my mouth and there's all these like you know bodily signals
And I really felt like it was going to happen but it didn't
And the doctor who was there on the weekend is not the same as the doctor who's there today and the doctor who's there today was like you know he's peed twice on his own he pees one more time on his own he can go home so I was trying to get myself together cuz I thought you know maybe he was coming home tonight so happy
But it's been raining all day

And the idea of driving in the dark and the rain was a little off-putting
By which I mean I was kind of afraid
But then I checked back in cuz you know I thought if he hasn't peed yet maybe I should meet my appointment for later cuz I don't want to drive up there and then have to turn around and drive back

But his bladder was all distended again and he wasn't peeing so they were going to recatheterize him

And they think another 24 hours

But I thought if they're going to do all that I don't want to go and get them all riled up plus I'm still feeling like I might vomit any second

So I'm just going to go in the morning
I feel kind of bad that I'm not going to see him tonight
But I just don't think it's going to be helpful to him or them to like show up either right before or right after they recatheterize him

They want to sell me some special urinary tract health food but it's got chicken in it

And when he was having the pancreatitis it was like well it's either the chicken or the grain or the fat and we don't know which but I didn't want to do a lot of trial and error where he would continue to have episodes

So I found a food that's extremely low fat that's fish and potato and he hasn't had another pancreatitis episode for like 3 years

I'm not really interested in messing with that
But I did some research
And a lot of vets or some vets say that those foods they're not really all that effective because the thing that they do is try to adjust the pH of the urine but in fact the most important factor is water
So he's just not going to be able to have any dry food anymore he likes to have both but food and dry food but the dry food causes trouble because it's dry and cats the food that they kill and eat in the wild is like 70% water and the canned food is about 70% water with the dry food is like 5% water and I'm kind of surprised it's that much cuz it's you know dry

And he drinks but
If he's eating dry food he's just operating at a deficit I'm moisture deficit

And I'm not going to buy him any food that's got chicken or corn or gluten because I think that those things are all potentially problematical for him