Tuesday, April 27, 2021

So there's some thrift book shops on eBay selling used books really inexpensively and also free shipping
So the rabbit hole I went down last night was and looked through 23 pages of vegan cookbooks and then anything that looked really promising I looked it up on Amazon and tried to look and see what the reviews were like for it and what the table of contents was like none of them would let me look at any recipes at all but they would let me look at the table of contents

And I watched some reviews before I just started going to the 23 pages but for the most part I wasn't very happy with the reviews

So I got fresh new vegetarian and vegan recipes from the award-winning fresh restaurants which is in Canada.  I want to say Toronto but I might be wrong about that.

And then I got another one called refresh that's I think the second one in the series.  It's like you know sandwiches and soups and salads and smoothies and stuff like that it's a vegan place.

And then I got one that I meant to buy like 10 years ago the Chicago diner cookbook.

And then I got an Indian vegan cookbook.

So that's like four cookbooks with tax and everything that was $19 so I'm pretty impressed.

I was kind of surprised there were 23 pages of vegan cookbooks although in fairness there was a lot of duplication.

My thinking was that I really like the moosewood restaurant daily specials cookbook that's salads and soups and so rather than trying to get something that was going to be all complicated and fancy
And I did find some fancy stuff
But I think that things that are more like comfort food are a better bet.
And I'm hoping that the Chicago diner has there lentil loaf 
I don't know about seitan
I mean I like it just fine I made it before but I don't know that I want to start loading up on the gluten

The vegan test kitchen woman has a great recipe for chicken that's made with tofu that you freeze maybe freeze it twice I think maybe freeze it twice

I may make some little nuggets like that before I start with the side tan but I don't know

I think I'm going to sleep for a little while now

I love you very much sweetheart πŸ’‹