Monday, June 8, 2020

Well that was longer than I usually sleep
Have been up for a few minutes actually almost an hour now
My head hurts
And I am full of snot
So I guess the storms come in
I had kind of strange dreams
I was with this group of women I started to say older women but women my age
And I'm not sure it was some kind of workshop or conference or something I don't know
and there was a bunch of different stuff I don't remember all of it but what I do remember
I was closed up in this incredibly small room it was really like a small closet
And I don't know why we had to be in this room it was some sort of a workshop or something I don't know
And I don't think she actually was British but she had a little of that feel to her if you know what I mean
And I asked her how old she was
And she was younger than me
And I was really surprised
because I had actually thought she might be a couple years older than me but she was like 45 so not quite 10 years younger than me but close
until we got to talking about makeup and skin care and whatever
And she was asking me about my makeup and I wasn't wearing any makeup and I was like I'm not wearing any makeup and she got really angry at me and I'm like well I I did wear makeup everyday for years because I had all this menopausal or perimenopausal or whatever acne and then I needed to cover up
But in the dream I guess that at all cleared up and my face is almost all cleared up but you know that's famous last words when I say that it just all breaks out again so but in the dream it was all healed up and I was talking about how it had been

And I was like wow it's really hot in here last session it didn't seem like it was as hot
And she said some weird euphemism I had never heard before but I figured out she was saying she was on her period
And I was like why would that make it hotter
But she seemed to think it would
And I was talking to her some more and I gathered that she wasn't really having any kind of menopausal stuff yet at all
And I was like oh I have to warn you there's a bunch of symptoms that they don't tell you anything about
And I proceeded to try to warn her
And what I seem to be focused on was the whole hormonal change making you so sick when you're about to start your period that you just can't really function and I'm sure that doesn't happen to everybody but it did happen to me
And I was telling her about how I had had to call out to work because I couldn't work at first I didn't realize it was a period-related thing but then I did and then I was ashamed because I had never called out to work for anything relating to menstruation before
And I'd always seen it as a sign of great weakness when women did that
And in the dream I was crying
now maybe I've cried in dreams before but I just don't really remember that
So I was crying at my shame I guess
and then I don't remember really what happened after that we just went on and we talked about makeup and I think we came to the conclusion that I couldn't really recommend colors for her because she liked brighter colors and I intended to like more muted natural looking colors

But then I wake up and I find out I've slept for like 11 hours or something close to it
so I wonder if my body was telling me to stay down because it needed to deal with some hormonal stuff I don't know I don't usually sleep that long but
Maybe I needed it?