Sunday, February 7, 2021

Okay I just got done showering and bandaging
And note to future self
12 hours is too long to go without changing bandaging
The bandage was pretty convincingly stuck
and even with letting the water run on it and everything it was stuck
So it ended up kind of pulling off some of it
And that was super super unpleasant
I was kind of afraid to use the soap on it because it just looked so raw but I did and it was fine
I didn't get any more pus out of it
There is a little bit of a pus-y looking thing left
But it's pretty surface looking
and then I'm sorry this is gross but I have to tell you this
some time ago there was a video I don't know if you saw it but it was this Australian person who had what they said was a skin cancer and they put some kind of black balm on it and it worked its way out and fell off onto the table it looked like a hamburger
Did you ever see that it was like can't look away disgusting
well that is kind of like what this thing looks like now I just have this big like circle that's raw and all the pus had come to all the infection and pus it come to the surface and it seems to be pretty much gone except for this one little secondary place
So it looks really gross but I do not believe there is more pus in it that's going to reform
I may have a scar
I don't strictly speaking scar very badly
like I'll usually have a scar for a while but it'll usually go away but I can't say it's a pretty big indentation

So I think I probably should not go very long without changing the bandaging and I put triple antibiotic ointment on the bandaging because clearly it's going to stick either way maybe if the bandaging is more moist and slick it will be less likely who could say but at any rate they'll be antibiotic on it
It won't be able to breathe but I don't know if it was breathing before so I don't know I'm going to bed now when I get up I'm going to have to take a shower then and check it and change the bandaging not say oh I'll go do things first
So I know that 12 hours is too long to go between bandage changings so I'm going to try to get up by noon and try to do that we'll see how that goes

I hope you're doing all right

7th inning stretch πŸ’‹