Saturday, March 30, 2024

I DREAM
a shirt of DEEPEST olive
gidget flashing
RAINBOW pride

SUN is SHINING
all TEAM colors
are we going
for a RIDE

I don't know WHAT
I WAS expecting
mention heartbreak
I'd have CRIED

MAYBE I thought
it'd be dramatic
ROLLING breathless
in the TIDE

SOMETIMES the dream
might sound like something
AGAINST which
you forever CHIDE

AND so FOREVER
ENIGMATIC
I am peripherally
by your SIDE

MAYBE it's a 
call to action
let your conscience
be your GUIDE

POSSIBLY 
a note of comfort
WHATEVER happens
DUDE, ABIDE

VISUALLY speaking 
it's an OG
get into the VAN
let's HIDE

I FEEL like
I'm FOREVER hoping
that your arms
will open WIDE

BUT DREAMS
are often vague and dreamy
INTERPRETABLES
are just IMPLIED

I don't NEED
a ton of CONCRETE
LIKE madonna
JUSTIFIED 

BUT the WORD
I'm saying MOST here
is FOREVER
never lied

I could ALWAYS
BRAVE the swing set
my arch nemesis
was the SLIDE