Tuesday, March 26, 2024

I'm pretty happy with 
I made SOUP
when I made that stuff for 
my mom before

I had been planning to make
this soup from moose wood
BASQUE white bean soup

I didn't REALLY follow
the recipe
REALLY just
CONCEPT, rough proportions

I used vegetable stock
piece of kombu
couple garlic cloves
bay leaf
--pressure cooked that for a few minutes

couple carrots
couple stalks celery
large yellow onion
couple campari tomatoes 
half head cabbage

one package great northern beans

--these I got start by pouring boiling water on them, letting them soak a little, draining the water, & pouring boiling water again
--then I can just pour the second water in without having to drain it because the whatever it is that supposedly causes gas has gone with the first water

SPICE
tumeric, cumin, white pepper
sweet smoked paprika
new york shuk fiery harissa
lucky foods Seoul gochujang

I pureed it with
the stick blender

I was thinking I was making it for mom
BUT
I decided 
it tasted MUCH too HEALTHY
SHE probably
wouldn't even like it anyway


I'm eating
 THIS
I would make it the SAME
it's LIKE
the best thing I've made
in a while

there's NO meat
there's no OIL
the beans are the only thing
that even REALLY has calories*
*it was from their low fat favorites cookbook

that's roughly
250 calories & 18g of protein
but it's ALSO
super HEALTHY

highly recommend*
*the recipe had fennel seed & bell pepper no heat at all 

CANNOT comment on the UNheated version
😁