Friday, March 12, 2021

I slept pretty late today well no I guess not pretty late but till about 1:00 I think I guess that isn't really all that late for me now but I was planning on getting up at 11:00 so it was late for me
I drove my car around
It started up no problem
And I went to the bank because I had that check we got in well whenever it came January late January early February something like that I don't know anyway I never got it to the bank because I wasn't driving
So I went to the bank
In the drive-thru and I parked it and got out
Both because the window doesn't roll down
And because I didn't want to leave the car idling because I'm not sure exactly how that impacts the battery I mean maybe it doesn't impact the battery at all
but whatever and then when I went to restart it it did restart I brought the thing with me just in case it didn't but it did restart but it didn't restart as happily as it started up in the first place
and I don't know exactly what I mean by that because it's not like it's buttered or felt like it was going to die or anything it just didn't seem like it started up as happily
So I think I'm probably going to try to drive it at least every other day for a while now

So they're saying that both the city and the county are next week going to start letting people sign up who are 50 and over
so I guess there's a good chance I may get vaccinated before my mother does
Because I am planning to get vaccinated

And I'm not really sure why
She is still so hesitant because
At the art supply
There's the 90-year-old guy who owns it and his 69-year-old wife and the woman who works for them is like I think 60 or 62 and then there's the old guy in the studio upstairs He's roughly my mom's age he might be a little bit older and there's a woman who is I would guess somewhere between 60 and 70 who has a studio upstairs as well they have all been vaccinated and as far as I can tell from the comments that have been made the worst reaction any of them had was several days of extreme fatigue and pain at the injection site
And that is the most common reaction to it but my mother for some reason although she's never had a reaction to a vaccine before and according to her she's never had really bad flu even
She doesn't remember having any menopause symptoms at all
But she's convinced that if she gets the vaccine she's going to for sure be sick for weeks and incapacitated

So I don't know
she thinks she has a very low chance
of getting covid
but she thinks she has a very high chance of getting extremely ill from the shot
And I'm just not sure I can really follow her reasoning

Anyway
The HEB where I get my groceries they put out some kind of a kind of a vague statement that I guess you could read either way because it sounded to me like they were going to maintain the mask ordinance or not ordinance but for their stores you had to wear a mask to come in

But then they said they weren't going to
And I was like oh f***
But apparently everybody else said oh f*** too
Because 75% of Texans want masks
And so basically the response was well Kroger's going to make people wear masks I'll just shop at Kroger instead
and when they told him that then HEB was like oh yeah yeah yeah we're for sure going to maintain masks
But I think they had thought there was going to be a big push back
And I mean there will be cuz there's still some small percentage of people well I guess it's not that small 25%. Who don't want to wear masks

and the governor has put it all on businesses because he won't maintain the mass requirement so it's then up to you as the business owner or the not making nearly enough money frontline worker to say no I'm going to wrestle you to the ground and I'm hearing all these stories about Uber drivers getting spit on and stuff when they want people to wear masks but I don't know if that was here I think that had been national story

But the chief of police here said in no uncertain terms that business owners have a right to require you to wear a mask to come in and if you go in without your mask then you will be arrested for trespassing so don't get all funny

So all those people who are writing off all the Texans they can just f*** right off

Anyway
Just a little while ago I was kind of falling asleep in the chair
So I think rather than go to sleep where I only get like 3 hours sleep or something I think I'll try to go to sleep now and maybe I'll get 5 hours of sleep
I don't know whether I will be able to go to sleep or not I don't feel very sleepy
but I think I am probably sleepy and as soon as I lay down and hold still I'll probably fall right to sleep

I love you very much sweetheart 💋
Sleep well