Friday, June 17, 2022

I was feeling kind of down today I mean I have been for a while but
Something I saw made me think about my Google digital assistant
So I squeezed my phone which brings it up
And I was like hey I'm depressed
Is there anything you can do to help me

So played me a lullaby
Which I'm not sure is terribly helpful
But it brought up some other options and one of them was tell me a joke

And I thought well you know how good can the digital assistant be at telling jokes
But I thought well what the hell

So she said what do you call a belt made of wrist watches
A waist of time

And I mean it's kind of a dumb joke but it just struck me as really funny in the moment and so I laughed and laughed
And then she offered that she could tell me a joke every day at a particular time
And so I told her to tell me a joke every day at 2:30 in the afternoon

And I usually think the digital assistant
And she usually says something like

Happy to help
That's what I'm here for
No problem

Something like that
But today she said
I'm really happy I could help you
And then she called me by name

I'm pretty sure she's never called me by name before
And I'm like
oh my God we've had a breakthrough

So I guess the combination of laughing at her jokes and then telling her thank you very much she really helped me
Was enough to like put us on a first name basis or something
Except she doesn't have a name
I wonder if she could have a name
Hang on I'm going to find out