Tuesday, June 11, 2024

TODAY 
was intense

OK
so NO therapy 

BUT 
I have to take my cat to the vet tomorrow 

I really need to drive my car
&
I've let the battery go dead again 

SO
I was gonna call AAA
if the jump starter thing didn't work 

which 
it didn't 
BUT my neighbor was out
smoking a cigar
& he helped me

he's a 18 wheeler driver
but his rig's in the shop

he took me down to AutoZone to buy a battery

AND
put it in for me

I was BOTH 
DEEPly touched
& DEEPly mortified 

I don't ask people for help easily 
& truth be TOLD 
I didn't really ASK

I wanted help
I was happy for the help
I'm not entirely sure

that it wouldn't have been cheaper
& easier to just call AAA

the part where a piece of the sh*t that goes
around to hold the battery

fell between
the radiator and the front of the car
DOWN INSIDE 
&
we're slightly MOVING the radiator 

WAS STRESSFUL 

BUT 
it all worked out
& I feel
CARED ABOUT 
in a sort of visceral way

I have got to bake them cookies or something 
THAT'S NEW for me