Tuesday, June 18, 2024

I realize
I probably have not
presented a very coherent 
PICTURE 

I was feeling some way
I couldn't describe 

I was trying to explain 
to my therapist 

I've understood since I was a kid 
there is a certain amount 
of what you get
that is based on the vibe
you put out

my Aunt Edith
she was LIKE 
the editor of the newspaper & the year book
at UH and she won awards & sh*t
BUT she couldn't 
deal with people ultimately 

AND
she would talk about it
& my gran gran and aunt joan too
& I could see
SHE was paranoid 
she thought people thought 
she was weird and fat and whatever 

she came at them with THAT 
& they gave it right back

self fulfilling prophesy 

THAT was a BIG lesson for me 

BUT 
I now think there's some way
in which I'm still doing 
SOMETHING 
similar

I NEED to be coming at THINGS 
in a way that
I couldn't quite articulate it to him

I don't think he gets a lot of what I'm trying to say 

in a way that makes what I want 
POSSIBLE 

it's NOT that I can't get along
it's NOT that I care generally what people think 

it's SOMETHING 
that I DON'T SEE I think 
& I'm freaked out
that I might not be able to see
MYSELF clearly 

(continuing)