Wednesday, June 19, 2024

SO
I was up briefly 
at 10
to cancel anything I had going
& to feed the cat

I went back to sleep 
& I just got up at 3

because the notification for my
imperfect box
woke me

I dealt with that
& made a smoothie 
& now it's 4:30

which seems like too much time 
BUT there you have it

I just checked social media 
& I'm not SURE 

if I should congratulate you 
OR
be afraid for your life

Once I got to sleep 
between 4 & 5 this morning 
I pretty much
slept like the dead

I'm not going to apologize for trying to 
repair myself 
although I feel like 
that is what I would usually do here

I don't feel like 
it was any big secret that I was broken
& I don't feel like 
it was any secret that I've been 
trying to repair myself 

AND
it therefore seems 
inappropriate to apologize 

I DO however 
want to THANK you 
for everything you have done to
help & support me 
thus far

& remind you 
that I do not hold you
to be responsible for me 
we have a relationship 
BUT 
it can be
REALIZED 
in
any number of ways

OR
you could just decide
I'm no fun
& ditch me

I will have feelings about that
& there may be some 
LIKE consequences 

BUT 
I'm NOT a person who 
enjoys hurting even people I don't like
&
I LOVE you VERY much 

I think you'll be okay 

I don't think you understood the
killing myself thing
& I want to make it clearer
so you maybe won't stress about it

I wanted to kill myself 
from maybe eight or nine
LOW-KEY 
which is why my father told me the THING 
about if you kill yourself 
you have to live all eternity 
in THAT state

THAT worked for a while

AND
when I discovered that I WANTED you 
I was living in a state
where I prayed
NOT to wake up

I don't think I really believed
I could "get" you
BUT 
you were the ONLY thing*
I had compellingly wanted

*although of course you're not a thing 

SO
I told myself 
FINE 
go all in
in a sort of GATTICA way
don't save anything for the swim back

if it doesn't work out 
THEN you can kill yourself 
MIGHT have to 

BUT 
in the process 
ONE after ANOTHER CHOICES

QUITTING smoking
so I could have your baby
which was real to me
EVEN though 
PROBABLY ridiculous 

& lots of little steps

WHATEVER, ya KNOW 

I'm HERE 
& if you think that's good 
you can thank yourself 

you've ALREADY been a HERO 

I'm NOT going to off myself 
you do not need to worry