Wednesday, July 14, 2021

I saw a thing on Twitter yesterday I think it was but I've been thinking about it so I'm going to tell you about it
It said who is your Star Trek crush and that immediately got my mind whirling
But then it said you can only pick one
I thought how can you only pick one
I mean even my shortlist isn't all that short
But then
From the back of my mind
Came okay Michael Burnham

And I'm like really?!
I think I've seen the first two seasons of that show I think there's a whole another season I haven't seen
But I don't Even really like that show
I mean I like that they've got a character named Paul stamets who is quite a cool character
But the Klingons
In the original series they look like Russians
And then in the next generation they had the head ridges and whatever they look all freaky
And that's already an unexplained issue
But then in this reboot series they look like worms or something I don't know they're freakier and there's just no reason for it
And that just doesn't sit well with me in there plenty of other things about the series that just you know made me say okay hold the phone

And I don't even really remember it all that clearly at this point it's been a really long time since I've seen any episodes of it

I'm like what about Spock
What about seven of nine
What about T'pol

But my brain said no no Michael Burnham

So I had to go back and look to see why
And then when I remembered all that stuff with the telepathic link with Sarrik
And how she got robbed because she was better at being a vulcan than the Vulcans were
And unlike a lot of women in Star Trek she's not overly sexualized
She's not masculinized either
I guess I'm going to have to watch the episodes or seasons that I haven't watched yet

She's very serious though
I mean Spock he had that eyebrow thing that he did that was very I don't know it was funny
I don't think Michael Burnham is funny at all
But she is pretty badass

I will say though I've never really liked John Luc Picard very much
I did really like him in his series
And I was very happy that seven of nine continued
And she's great
She was better older actually
That was a really great series Picard

Anyway I'm going to go to sleep now I think
Or at least I'm going to try
I love you very much sweetheart 💋