Saturday, July 17, 2021


This is Corderoy and Taco
I didn't find them
I knew where they were
and
they were sort of out all along
Corderoy is a year older than me
someone gave him to my aunt Edith
and she gave him to me
I named him after the bear in the book
later
not when I was born, obvi
I named Taco
but
I can't remember the story behind that
I've had him almost as long
he lost his eye somehow tragically
and I was like a hysterical three year old until he was medically treated
it's possible he wasn't new when I got him either
I don't think baby toy eyes are supposed to fall off

I don't pay attention to them
and I feel a little bad about that
but
they are my oldest confidantes

I'm surprised that Corderoy's eyes didn't fall out
they are rimmed with red
and I was always putting drops in them