Monday, August 20, 2018

I hate hungry pills


I went to bed at 2 I think
the cat woke me up at 4:45 for breakfast
I went back to sleep, briefly
but
I'm not real happy
he uses really effective techniques
he does a really raucous bladder stomp
he jumps on the shelf
where I keep my cell phone
and rustles around
threatening to knock it down
this is 100% effective
because
although it's unlikely to break
dropping onto the carpet
from a height of three feet
the chord is already
slightly bent
and barely makes a good connection
this already is my backup chord
and
it's windows phone
there probably isn't an easy replacement
so
I'm motivated
and
if I hear him on the shelf
right by my head
I wake up
hyper alert
I sleep really deeply
but
I'm listening in my sleep
when I first lived alone
I heard the mail man
walking across the yard
it would wake me up
so
I definitely hear the little terrorist


I hope you are happy and healthy
and enjoying yourself
wherever you are
I love you sweetheart