Sunday, April 6, 2014

try to get this down before i forget

the part I must remember
she was getting presents
and I knew what one of them was
it was this clear Lucite rectangle
filled with like sand and shells
or branches and seedpods
or whatever, ya know, like adult snowglobes
she was getting one of those that I knew of
but then
the other gift she was getting
was the exact size and shape
oh, if I was writing this, I say to whoever
that part's already gone-ish
it was my partner
like business partner
but
it may have been non-profit
we were trying to start something up
some competetion

oh, if I this
both boxes would be exactly the same scene
but they would each have different word dice
like magic 8 ball stuff
and she would pick the dice that
suited her better
like, in the end, she was choosing her own destiny

there was also a scene
location, really
that I really felt like you were scouting
like, no, not the campfire, here
it was one of those outdoor
beer garden type settings
wooden picnic type tables
but
they were underneath a huge network
of beautiful gnarled spreading tree branches
they had been wrapped in twinkle lights
rather than strung with those cafe lights
and the effect
when it was dark
was like
a magical forest
like the stars were inside the protective arms
of trees
it was beautiful
and I will happily meet you there
but
I don't think I did meet you there

I think I'm gonna go back to sleep
and see what happens next