Wednesday, April 9, 2014

my dream last night went japanese

I can't remember some details that maybe make this make sense, but
there was this show
it was maybe some extreme challenge
because there was
ice coming out of this guys ears
and something coming out of his nose
everyone was watching it
on closed circuit televisions
up on poles in the back yard
which was like a five foot square
surrounded by hurricane fencing
there was this old guy next to me
and he didn't watch
but he kept needing to adjust his
I'm not sure
air conditioner
which was up on a pole too
so he needed to get on a ladder
and somehow I was interfering with this process
he kept complaining about me to anyone who would listen
there were extra pieces to the ritual
with which I was trying to comply
but I kept dropping things
sometimes into other yards
because
I guess
I'm not that good at negotiating a pole
and
that meant the old guy
kinda had a legitimate beef with me
kind of
but
it wouldn't really be a problem
if I just didn't move anything around
while he was trying to work
but he had so much distain for me
he just really wanted me gone

but then
somehow
I turned it around with him
maybe we sponsored these extreme guys
and maybe mine was winning
maybe I made friends with all the local young people
and learned things from them
for example
all those internet pop up adds
that I close automatically without reading them
and special offers
well in this world
all the coolest things anyone had
were from those
they were all perfectly targeted to your needs
and cheap
and beautiful
and awesome

anyway
by the end
the old guy was saying
I had somehow made his ladder
better than new
and he had respect for me

but
I can't explain how


there was also
this tiny little dog
I mean smaller than the tiniest tea cup Chihuahua
maybe four or five inches long
but fully grown
and I was worried about him
because I saw this thing before I went to bed about a dog dying, I'm sure is why
but anyway
I was worried about him
but
the vet said he was fine
and would live a really really long time
since he was so small
so I was crouched down
underneath furniture
petting him
which involved putting my hand over him
and wiggling it slightly
you're a good dog, I said to him
and the doc says you're healthy
you and me
we're gonna be together
a long long time
and he wagged his tail
and he was like a tiny golden retriever
or grand pyranees
with a ten gallon hat
and his tail created a storm, almost