Thursday, February 20, 2020

I went to dinner with my mom
On the one hand she looks really tired and her face is more wrinkly
On the other hand she doesn't have all these horrible bruises all over her arms her arms look great
Because since she's on it all plant-based diet she's getting more like vitamin k or whatever and they've cut down her Coumadin so she's not all blood thinned
And she seems like she is doing really good
She said she feels really good

She was supposed to go for a consultation about a procedure that her doctor wants to do for her defib
what she's had for years and she has a pacemaker
I can't remember now what the procedure is called but they go in and they shock the back of your heart and it doesn't seem strangely enough to be a very risky procedure it's like outpatient

Except of course that she's old and they have to give you sedation they don't use full on anesthesia but they do sedation
Her doctor told her it's the same stuff that Michael Jackson took to go to sleep like that's going to mean something to her it doesn't even mean something to me but I guess it does make clear that it's less anesthesia than sedation

anyway she was supposed to go for this consultation and she never called me to tell me what happened so I was asking her but she didn't go

Which I was not invested in her having weird procedures so I get it I wasn't following up because I wanted to make sure she was doing it I was following up because I wanted to know what was going on

So but she told the doctor that she was afraid and she wanted to wait and would it be possible to wait and he said yeah they could try the food thing for another 6 months

And I mean the doctor that put in the pacemaker and her previous doctor seemed to think she had defib she had a pacemaker everything was fine they weren't even really checking up on her at all

so that makes one wonder does that mean she didn't need to be checked up on that everything is fine or does that mean that they didn't give a s*** and we're pretty incompetent

This guy I don't know he started off seeing her every week and I think that's good because he was taking her off medication and doing all kind of stuff and that requires actual monitoring which for a while it sounded like he was not doing but now maybe he's doing it she said he puts all her information on a website that she can go and look at all her diagnosis and stuff and I had asked her last time if I could have that link so I could look at it and see hemmed and hawed and seemed like she did not want me to

Anyway it's freezing here well not technically technically it's 46 degrees but that is very very cold and I have a really bad headache because I think there's a front coming through or something and I have to go to work and I only got like 5 hours of sleep last night so I'm going to bed now

I love you very much ❤️