Saturday, August 26, 2017

it's drained off

and it's starting again
bayous pretty much all cresting
buffalo bayou and
cyress creek
are at record cresting heights
which, honestly
idk what that means
isn't the top
the top
but
I forgot
there's a bayou near me
it's not one I ever really knew about
I completely forgot
but
idk what it's called
so
I can't really monitor it
😢
it's gonna be a long few days
it's downgraded to tropical storm
but
it's stalled like Alison
and
covering the area
from the coast
to Austin
and west to about san Antonio
a jillion tornadoes
in the outlying burbs


my mom is close to braes bayou
but
it always floods
and
she hasn't
gotten water in her house
it's too late
I don't want to call her
in case she's asleep
I can't get to her
or do anything
so
I'm not sure
whether I'm getting
much sleep tonight