Sunday, August 6, 2017

while i do like several katy perry songs

I don't like
I kissed a girl
I guess it might be
a generational thing


while jill sobule
was opening up the world
and being a little gross toward men
(I think I can do better)
is such an old marriage contract
mad men generation mentality
at least it was opening up
the world
or maybe contrasting the worlds
like
maybe
men and women
not equal
marriage an institution
whereas two girls can be
equal and can't be an institution


in the current world
two girls can get married
and be under the institutional model
although perhaps not in the same way


and maybe this makes the idea
hey
you're an experiment
I don't know your name
and it does even matter
this is all about me
because everything is, right


I just find it gross
towards women this time
and maybe it's no different
but
it feels different


some of her songs are very
positive
firework and roar
come to mind


maybe
maybe I'm looking at it all wrong
maybe Katy Perry is
like giving girls permission
to be ok with the idea
but
whatever
I think it's gross
and somewhat dehumanizing


but
it's not a big deal
I'm just sayin


with the Bieber song
I just always change the station when it comes on because I don't like it
not because I'm making a statement about him
I don't know him
I couldn't tell you
any other song he's sung
without looking it up
I know people dont like him
but
I'm pretty neutral


it's a good song
I just don't like it


this was just conversation
not
anything you really needed to know