Wednesday, August 17, 2011

the strangest thing happened to me today

ok
before i start on that
i've got a couple things
i gotta say

night before last
i had this dream
i can't remember most of it
but
there was hot sauce rubbed into my bones
and
i don't know what to make of that
but i had to tell you anyway

the other thing is a comment a guy i know made
he said this one actress was really ugly
and i'm all like:
great, she's the one everyone always says i look like
and he says:
you don't look anything like her at all
you look more like julianne moore

now
i never thought i looked that much like the other one
but
julianne moore
come on, really

but he says:
no, seriously, have you seen her without makeup

well, maybe in safe

whatever

but
this is the strange thing

i went to the movies today
and i stopped in the restroom after the movie
and
when i went over to wash my hands
i looked in the mirror

and
i almost didn't recognize myself

really

and i'm all like:
wow
this must be some great lighting up in here
but they were just really bright fluorescent lights

but
i look different

it's not really a thinner thing
because i'm not really thinner
but i look thinner, yes

it is a younger thing, for sure
msm works
the slightly jowl-y action that was starting
which i hated hated hated
is like 85% gone
and my skin hasn't been this even in years
and the big frown-y vertical wrinkle on my forehead is less noticeable

but
it's not just those things
it's like the proportions of my face are different
my jaw seems stronger
my cheek bones seem more european
my eyes seem bigger
my upper lip seems bigger than my lower
my nose seems smaller
my hairline seems completely different

that can't be msm
that can't be detox
that's just weirdness

and
i mean
it's not like these were things i'd been wishing for
except the jawline i have wished for that

so
how is that possible