Friday, June 20, 2014

la vida loca {ironically}

i'm not sure where to start
i was at dinner with my mom
i was talking about my most recent skincare experimentation

oh there's so much
i gotta edit
or else
you will snore
there is no way to explain this, hang on

old school

the noxema inspired me to reopen the cold cream fantasy

i bought a merle norman circa 1930s cleansing cream
it smells
it is greasy
i thought i was gonna do a hot cloth cleanser thing
i went to target
i looked at make up for an hour and i bought wash cloths
[that was the other day]

i was telling my mom the permutations
[hot cloth rated poorly]
{she is in no way interested in this}
and i got myself so worked up
i had to stop at walgreens

they were on shift change, i guess
and the girl leaving, she recognized me
oh, you missed the la roche posay event we had today

you need to get her on the email list
[this she says to bobby]

does she like she like la roche posay

yes, and vichy, oh, and 100% pure too, just put her down for-- everything


after she left
bobby asked me

how does she remember you
do you come in, a lot

no, not really
one day i came in and i saw how you had it all set up
i got kinda excited about it
and for a couple weeks
i came a bunch of times
i haven't been in for a little over a month
i think it's that i stay, for like an hour and a half

if i was guessing, i'd say bobby is gay
but i'm not guessing
it's of no interest to me
he has this almost
no
the best way to put it is clean cut
he might be anything between fifteen and twenty two
i would have been willing to go as high as twenty five, but
he told me, at the end
that he made his mother buy him special avene after shave cream
[which is also what pushed the lower scale down]

he showed me the new color collections from the balm

he has beautiful, amazing eyebrows
i want his eyebrows
i want to ask him exactly what he does
[this could have gone on longer
i am sparing you
eye grooming upper deck forum]

back to the la roche posay event
they had left gifts with purchase behind them
free with purchase of two items

now it is clear from the packaging that the idea is sunscreen
but i already bought their sunscreen, last month
and it is expensive
and tinted
and way way way too dark for me to put on my face
but the free gift is eye cream
they have five retinol
one with PRO-XYLANE™and LINACTYL
i put the serum from this line substaine [+] on my face once
and my face said:  mmmmmmm
so i'm interested
and this eye cream is about $45

i put it in my basket, i walk around

vera moore camphor mask smells great, contains clay and oatmeal

rodial has beautiful chrome packaging

what i'm out of
what i'll, for sure, use
eau thermale

wait
any two items

[he was at lunch
i waited]

yes

score
full size eye cream