Tuesday, March 22, 2011

if you like to choose a wine by it's label, don't be afraid to pick luchador-- a tasty south australian shiraz hosting a masked mexican wrestler

i don't drink shiraz much
and i'm not sure why
because i like it


i've been in quite a good mood today
happy happy blood time not bringing me down at all
i have this urge to talk about the moon
phases of the moon
but
it's drifting
the cycle
to the phases
it was
bleed at the full
ovulate at the new
but
it won't stay that way
i was hoping it would
that i'd go to a 28 day
those just seemed right
but they'll change in the 30 day
and that's less poetic, but there you are

and anyway
how likely
is it really
that you want to hear
odes to my beautiful cervical ablutions nueva luna
and anyway i don't write odes

and we could ask what el diamante is doing on a south australian wine

but do we really need to know



i'm thinking about you now
your lankiness
and how
in fact
if i'm honest
i'm attracted to that
how much more attractive i think you are
than when i first fell in love with you
there was something not yet awake in you then

it shimmers in you now

am i helping or deterring the shining frightening beauty


in my fantasy of now
we are dancing
in the moonlight
the hot dry air of the night sighs
are we even in the real world, or
are we dancing in the dreamtime

we don't speak
you aren't frightened by my silence
and you give me something
some talisman of your love
you have made it or designed it
and you press it onto my right thumb
it starts to rain
first mist
then large warm drops
i push your hat back slightly
i fold myself into the circle of your arms
run my hands down the sides of your face
brush my thumb across your lower lip
the ring means something deep for me
there's a power
because you made it
and i feel a little ashamed that i want something so tangible
but i do want it
and i kiss you then
softly
wet with rain
and in that kiss
which lasts forever
is all the tender promise of forever
with the sadness of not knowing if you will stay
or if you will leave me here to raise our child alone
you kiss me back
that you absolutely cannot live without me
but you have no idea how to fit our lives together
and you would tell me anything to keep me from leaving
and it wouldn't be a lie
but it might not be the truth either
and we fall to out knees
the weight of love too much to stay upright

and your fingers trace wonder
across my skin
discover the erogenous crook of my elbow
the way my breasts like to be pressed in to my body tightly
how my throat longs to be bruised with kisses

i open myself to you

and the desert

blooms