Wednesday, January 15, 2020

yeah?!

the other day at work
my finger was feeling like i jammed it
i didn't have any recollection of jamming it
but that's how it felt, ya know
my pointer finger on my left hand
so i was holding it up
and kinda stretching and bending it
ya know, kinda puttin it through it's paces
wondering if i had arthritis
this guy comes up to me and asks me:
what'd you do to your finger?

so i tell him about it feeling jammed, but blah blah not probably
he says:
can i see it?
in what struck me at that moment as, well
let me just say
my brain seems to have added

i am a practitioner of traditional chinese medicine
(or chiropracti, anyway)

so i hand him my arm

he looks at it

and
he jams his right pointer finger into a point
just above my wrist
hard

and i'm thinking:
OUCH!
(but, ya know, it always hurts when you find the messed up spot)
and
(that could totally be a meridian)

but then
i'm thinking:
NO!  OUCH!
and i'm like:
that hurts!

and he presses in

and my brain is like ABORT!  ABORT!
and i am trying to pull my arm free from this man
who has suddenly become

inscrutable


and he looks at me:

i think there's something wrong with you