Saturday, September 24, 2016

what LR said

I saw a customer today I haven't seen for a while
I'm all like how are you, it's good to see you
turns out he lives closer to the coastal store
do they have as good a selection, I ask
well, no, and they don't have you
aaawwww
but
he used to work for wineries in California
I'm not sure
Napa and Sonoma
I think
he ran the tasting room for this one
I really like him
and I think he legitimately likes my picks
he was telling me
winery with an amphitheatre
and sitting out in the field at sundown
listening to the doobie brothers


yeah, I say
and that's California weather
that must have been awesome


yes, he smiles
like I've given him another angle
to appreciate this memory


it's all really romantic, wine
the fog rolling down the side of the hill


I have told this to almost no one
one evening I was driving my jeep wrangler through the vinyard
it was about 8
the fog was moving out like fingers
I had a hand full of soil
[ I was single at that time ]
and I started to cry
why can't i share this with someone


and I thought of you


I mean, I don't really have anything that good to share, but
ya know