Wednesday, July 6, 2011

i don't know what this means

i went to the farmer's market today
i woke up with a headache
got a late start
blah blah
blah

i asked for a sign
i think i got more than one

i bought mostly fruit
tomatoes and cucumbers
apricots and guavas
figs and finger bananas
strawberries
avocados
some dried chilies
a huge bag of hybiscus tea
a few vegetables
but apparently
i want fruit, mostly

don't think there's a sign there

when i was leaving it started to rain
this might be a sign
as we have had no measurable rain for over 100 days

but my car doesn't like the rain
and it was about 4 and there was traffic
so stop and starting
and it tried to die
[and i specifically said no car signs
so even though this was disturbing
i don't think it's a sign]
so i pulled into a parking lot
and i sat there for almost 3 hours
asking my music player to answer questions for me randomly
and singing

i didn't actually find this boring
but it did reinforced how much i hate traffic

the answers it gave me were
nothing short of amazing
like the perfect answers sometimes
perfect song for the answer
sadie brown and sarah and when i asked it
if i was the love of your life

[cause i realize i might not be
it could be that girl from when you were 12
or it could be
well, somebody else
but you know i want it to be me
like by a landslide, not even close]

anyway, so i asked it, and
the answer made me breath a little harder

but when i got back to the house
i was carrying in all my bags
and my cat got under my feet
and my pants were falling down, too long
and the rug was flipped back slightly
all of which
in some combination
i went sprawling to the floor
and landed hard
on my right breast

so now i'm really sore
and tomorrow it will really really hurt, i think

i soaked in some epsom salts
turned over in the tub
and thought i felt you with me

when i asked my computer player
how you were feeling about me
because i thought maybe
something
since i thought i felt you
but it says
you think i'm breaking up with you

which i don't think you think
but just so you know
i am not