Tuesday, November 16, 2010

just a little snatch of dream

you looked
just like
someone
i can't remember who
not like yourself, really
but not unlike
either
there was some
component
animal magnetism
a lankiness
that you have
maybe
more in my mind
than in reality
in the dream
you were some actor
i don't much like actors
as a rule
but
that wasn't bothering me

we were at a party
trying to be alone
in a group
and
we were succeeding
we were mingling
working the group
but we were so locked
energetically
it was like we were

you know

right there
in the middle of everyone
but no one could see

i didn't look like me either

while you had that:
you know what they say about thin guys thing
pulsing around you
i
was
i'm not even sure how to describe me
venus on the half shell
a sunflower
glowing
not some mata hari
not some barbie doll
but i'd have to call me femininealthough
i hate that word
it was a really good thing
as illustrated
in the dream

and

at one point

we were standing
close to one another

maybe we were even talking to other people

and i felt you


like a key
in the lock


and
it took my breath away