Wednesday, October 11, 2023

my mother
will be 80 next week
and I'm never sure how to take it
when stuff like this happens

I was telling her
guess what
I've lost more weight

I had told her when I'd lost 82 pounds
but now it's 95
and I was like guess how much I've lost now
but
I guess she thought I was asking her to guess how much I weigh
which I wasn't
but
we have had a bunch of conversations
by which I mean I have to talk
and she doesn't listen
about the provisional goal
and the 23 year old weight

And she busts out with 170 pounds

Now SHE is 154 (self reported) pounds
so she's saying like twenty pounds more than her?
That doesn't sound possible

But I did say I'm wearing a 14/16
so maybe that's the weight
she associates that size with
(But, if she's hoping to fit into her 12 jeans
then she is currently a 12/14
but I guess it's complimentary
except for the not listening
(or senility)

And I'm like no
you know my goal weight was a lot higher

AND
she's like, well how much do you weigh

I weigh 240 I say

WOW, she says
YOU ARE REALLY PACKING IT IN THERE!

(I did not say)

DO NOT SAY SHIT LIKE THAT TO ME (EVER)

IDK why, but it really set me off
IDK if it was the many many many times
I have talked about the muscle
how to allow for the freakish muscle
and how she either never listens to any of it
OR
if she is losing it 

Why can't she be like
EVERYONE ELSE
and say some generic
AWESOME
or something