Saturday, October 21, 2023

I've spent the last twenty years telling you about myself which maybe I should have mentioned and maybe I haven't

you know more about me
than anyone else in the world
or, indeed
than anyone who has ever lived in this world

I get that I'm weird
different
motivated by different things

but
I feel like you understood that the stakes
we're pretty high for me

and from my perspective
it looks like you said
what was that thing that really hurt you last time
I didn't look at you, cool, let's double down
I won't look at you
AND
I will not even in fact recognize you
AND
when you ask
I will say exactly what I would say
to someone I didn't recognize

This would make sense
if what you wanted was for me to say
Oh well, guess I'm crazy after all
OR if you're fucking Valmont
OR if I'm some crazy chick you're trying to shake

BUT I don't believe that