Monday, August 2, 2021

Some kind of front is coming through again
I didn't try to get up early
But then when I woke up I had a headache
So I just stayed in bed
I had a lot of interesting dreams
I know this because when I woke up I was like wow those were really interesting dreams
But then I couldn't remember what they were

I couldn't really tell you what I did today
Well that's not true
I did a little bit of stuff
Prep work for a project my mother wants me to do tomorrow
I surfed around the internet
But mostly what I seemed to be doing was looking at paintings on eBay

I didn't really know there were a lot of paintings on eBay
I mean I guess there's a lot of everything on eBay but I had never really given it much thought
Some of them I really like
And some of them I don't

I wasn't really initially looking for paintings
I was originally looking for a 1970s frame in a particular size
I did find one that I like
Afraid my mean
But it has a painting in it
And I'm not that excited about the painting
And the frame has some damage
And I guess the whole thing with the frame in the painting is a pretty good price
And I guess considering the fact that there's a finite number of 1970s frames still floating around and it's a pretty decent size 24 in by 30 in is not a small frame
So I guess it's not a terrible price even for the frame
Except that it does have some damage and since they were taking pictures mostly to show the painting there aren't close-ups of the damage on the frame
But I thought you know
Maybe I should hit a couple of resale shops first

And I watched
Some episodes of better call Saul
I had watched through season 3 but there's a season 4 that I hadn't watched
Course it's been so long since I watched season 3 that it's not fresh in my mind anymore
And it's kind of tied in with the timeline
Well no it is tied in with the timeline but you don't necessarily need to remember the timeline of breaking bad for it to make sense
It's a stand-alone show but
It's been a really long time since I watched breaking bad

But I think better call Saul was a better show
I mean this is season 4
And they're telling this back story
And not a completely chronological way
And still
I'm not 100% sure
Although I think I see the pieces lining up
How he went from being Jimmy
To be install Goodman
To being Saul Goodman
Geez
And I really love Mike
I mean in breaking bad Pinkman was my favorite character
But Mike was my second favorite character and Saul was my third favorite character
And I'm not sure Walter White was even on the list of characters I liked I really didn't like him at all although I'm not entirely certain that I was supposed to like him

But better call Saul is telling several stories
I mean it's still in the backstory of him and his girlfriend
And I guess we're pretty much done with the backstory of him and his brother
And how he went from being slipping Jimmy to becoming a legitimate lawyer
And how that didn't quite work out for him
But we still haven't quite gotten to the point where you know it meets up
But I think I can see it now
Kind of coming around the turn

Mike I don't know if when he took the bar exam again if he changed his name first because he couldn't get back in with his current identity or whether he decided what he was going to do was be kind of like the vet who works with the underworld and so he needed kind of a code name
And I mean it's Saul Goodman

So I don't know I didn't really get a lot of work done today I just kind of floated
I did a little bit of this
I did a little bit of that
I didn't listen to any book tape
I think when I read killing commandatory and I it goes through my visual system I think it'll absorb into my brain differently than when I'm just listening to it
But I'm a little confused on how it's an homage to the Great Gatsby
I mean it has been a really long time since I read The Great Gatsby and I'll grant you I only remember little bits and pieces of it
So maybe that's why I don't see it
But I totally don't see it

But I really really loved the book except for the ending The ending threw me for kind of a loop
But I think maybe it is supposed to be a loop because The prologue happens after the action of the book

Plus I think I was kind of mad because my favorite character of the book was the house I mean I was picturing the house I've got it like all laid out in my head and I really love it and the view and everything I mean the house maybe wasn't supposed to be a character but for me it was a character and then he burned it down and while sometimes I don't mind if a character I love gets killed I kind of took on bridge I'm bridge um bridge umbrage I give up

UMBRIDGE

This thing sometimes makes what I'm saying into something completely different and sometimes it makes it completely incomprehensible and sometimes it makes it mean something different than what I'm trying to say so I try to watch it but it makes me feel as though perhaps I don't speak very clearly or have a weird accent or something

Which is funny because my whole life I've had people tell me oh you're from the Northeast right it's like no
And I don't think I sound northeastern at all so I assume that I just sounded a little nasally and perhaps enunciated words more than I was supposed to or pronounce them differently or used bigger words I really couldn't tell you

I mean I say y'all and fixing to like everybody else
Maybe I always talked a little faster than I should have

Anyway I'm going to bed

goodnight sweetheart I love you very much 💋