Monday, August 16, 2021

I'm listening to gun with occasional music which I know at some point in the past I told you I was reading but I didn't read it all the way through last time in fact I think I just listened to a very little bit of it last time and although I really do love a good gumshoe I'm not 100% sure I'm going to make it through the rest of this
I really want more Japanese fiction
And I have a few more things to listen to but I'm not sure they're what I want to listen to
What I really want to listen to is a mystery
But with that Japanese sensibility
And there are some Japanese mysteries that I've found but they don't seem at all like that

Anyway I have a couple of short story collections coming tomorrow sometime
One is a collection that jay Rubin put together He's the guy that translated markamy's books really murakami thank you
And then the other one is that low desert gangster short stories
Because it occurs to me where it did occur to me that I used to be able to write short stories I used to think I was good at that and then somehow I decided that what I really needed to do was write a novel and I just found that to be very frustrating at every single turn
Those are like actual book books though not audiobooks
And I really need to get new glasses
But I just haven't done that yet
But I thought maybe
Reading some some short stories would be a good idea
And that shouldn't be long enough to cause me too much eye strain anyway
Assuming that reading little print is more detrimental than screen time

I need to be asleep
I assume I'm going to the studio tomorrow
Unless it wants to storm again

Goodnight sweetheart I love you very much 💋