Wednesday, September 16, 2015

the scene

it's dark
it's a club
normally I wouldn't like that
all the people
but
tonight
I do
people are wearing white
not me, you understand, but others
and the lights are reflecting colors
as they flash by
it's crowded
anonymous
let's say
we've taken x
so my joints are springy
and I want to dance
colors are bright bright bright
even though it's dark
and I want to know you
from the depth of every pore


in this world
we aren't afraid to be seen
but
the energy in the room
intensifies things like an orgone generator
I run my hands over you
unabashed
you look at me the way you used to
before you were afraid
it's too noisy
we can't talk
but
we can't keep our hands off each other
and
maybe we've had a few jello shots as well
because
in addition to the x
I feel that alcoholic edge of
oh god, I'm not even sure what I might do
will tonight be the night I have sex
in a public bathroom
I find that mildly revolting
in a germy kind of way
but
it might just be necessary
because
dear lord
I think I need you in me NOW


you know somebody, though
and there's this room