Monday, May 12, 2014

so much to tell you

there are all these little things
i bought a jar of noxzema today
i wanted a mask
and all my masks are pulling and drying
and i just don't want that
i've been overtaxing my skin for a while
and i thought of a moisture mask
but that made me think acne

and i remembered noxzema
which is supposed to be deep cleaning

this stuff is so cheap

i really ought to expect, something

but
i stopped at the grocery
because i need milk and creamer for coffee
and then
nonfat cottage cheese and fresh strawberry ice cream because i love dairy
in all it's textures
and
i went down the skin care aisle
because
i wanted a mask
and
they had a burt's bees clary sage moisture mask
that seems like something i'd buy
but then i went to check the conventional
they had almost nothing for masks
then i saw the noxzema

i seriously loved that stuff
i even, for some reason unclear to me now
used it as a sunscreen
slathering it on my arms before i would go outside

perhaps
the reason you never got any pimples
was not because you had perfect pitch skin
perhaps your obsession with skincare
was at the root

did i have an obsession with skin care

did you read that last part

whatever

i bought the big friendly blue jar
[not shaped the same, detracts]
but now with 45% less plastic
[i'm not sure how to respond to that]
and i took it home and slathered it on my face
[i cleaned my face first]
let it sit
like a mask
about 20 minutes

i scrubbed it off with my charcoal konjac

it smelled good
i mean maybe not madeleines dipped in the tea good
but still good

and it left this residue

that feels like i remember my skin feeling
like