Wednesday, May 7, 2014

i dreamed that i had a story published in an anthology

I didn't know it had been
I just stumbled across it
the editor said
she had found this on old faded paper
but when she read it, it had stuck with her
for years
so she was including it
and
my name was right there
I held my breath
I started reading, because I didn't really think
that it would really be me
I didn't recognize the beginning
then
suddenly
it was my story
someone must have changed the beginning
but I remembered writing it
it was about
being in that I between state
not a child
not a woman
weaving that feeling into
some sort of universal life lesson

suddenly
I was a writer
it's like
in that moment, I owned it
everyone saw it
and
back at work
a hand full of antique coins
were between deborah's desk and the wall
I was not sure how to retrieve them
so, I just asked her
and she picked them all up
handed them to me
no problem

weird

I can't remember the story
not well enough to write it for you
but
I'm pretty sure
it is a story I actually wrote