Wednesday, January 23, 2013

exciting snail mail

i got my missha order in the mail
finally
the snail creams seem very light
and very scented
i'm not sure how they are going to work
but
i tend to pick my skin care experientially

how does it smell
how does it feel
and
i don't think i'm gonna be giving up the l'occitane regenerating oil
even if it's not korean
in fact
i found a night eye cream
which has been highly rated
at the tjmaxx
and i think i'm in love with it
and it's shiseido [japanese]

probably it isn't any more important that they all be korean
than it was, when i was younger, that they all be the same brand

the sales women were always telling me:
it will be a sign that you're grown up when you can stick to one line
but, really
each line has wonder products that draw people in
but no one line is awesome at everything
and
if it's gonna make me react when i use other lines
it's full of too much junk then
i say: hah

but
while i was waiting for the snail cream to arrive
i bought a toner and emulsion which i love
truthfully, maybe i love the toner from sooryehan better
[they gave me a sample of the moisturizing ginseng stuff]
but this emulsion is like the l'occitane --  skin love

[although that is the only l'occitane product i feel that way about]

but this toner emulsion work together really well and smell so beautiful
red ginseng kinda herby and woody
they are firming

i got a 5 ginseng serum from the same place as the snail cream
and it smells ok, not awesome, but it's moisturizing
like for seriously dry skin
and i got a free gift with all this stuff
an herbal medicine line overnight cream
which is revitalizing, with ginseng and reishi
so i was excited
because, really

i would like to get all the things my skin responds well to
ideally in one product
[but no one seems to make that]

ginseng, reishi, seaweed, lotus, royal jelly, chlorella growth factor, dead sea minerals, immortelle, that's all i can think of right now

strangely
the things that should be good, just everyday things
olive and soy
my skin hates them
when i hit say 30
and started looking for skin care
they would always steer me towards the soy
but my skin, apparently, either has plenty of estrogen, or
can tell the difference
it will break me out with horrible painful bumps
olive just irritates, and will not absorb
it's like my skin rejects them

my tummy likes them fine though

so
now i have too many products, maybe
and i have to figure out what my routine is

the cho bo yang revitalizing serum with the gerum sul overnight cream
which i put across my nose and cheeks
feels really great

the snail cream
doesn't feel like much, kinda sticky
the toner and emulsion snail stuff is completely absorbed and dry
on my hand [lower slime %]
so those can layer in somewhere without incident

i think i went from low maintenance to high
but
i really am enjoying this stuff