Saturday, October 24, 2009

this is the first page, i don't think it'll change much, Asked by Angels


I have been searching around the web trying to find some connection that would “click” for me-- something that would make the phrase asked by angels make sense. It, the phrase asked by angels, had been given to me as a new name in a dream and I tend to think that dreams mean something. I am not a big believer in angels.

The thing about dreams, they don't tell you what you need to know in the most easily understood terms. So sometimes I never quite know what I'm telling myself. Sometimes I think that my dreams just come from my subconscious mind-- just telling me things I really already know-- but sometimes I think they are more like prophecy. Now, I mean, I know that sounds dramatic, and I'm not trying to alienate you right off the bat, but you know what I mean. Don't you? I'm talking about when you have a dream, and it doesn't really make sense to you at the time but it sticks with you, and then events start to unfold or you see things around you that seem like the things you dreamed. You start having a kind of deja vu and then, suddenly, you know something from the information from the dream. No, never happened to you? Well, it happens to me all the time. Maybe that makes me a prophet. I'm just not a very good prophet, or maybe I just don't have prophetic confidence-- maybe I'm just one Anthony Robbins firewalk away from blowing up.

Last year I predicted the winner of the World Series in one of my dreams; unfortunately, I thought it was telling me something about myself that I just couldn't understand. When I remembered that piece of information—- well really, just remembering everything surrounding the World Series last year-- I had a pang. I have not been following baseball this year, and baseball season is one of my great joys. I started out the season listening to games on the radio every day. My team lost every game. We're having a bad year. Some of my favorite players have been traded or retired, and I didn't get to listen to spring training, or maybe I just didn't. The result, either way, is that I don't feel as connected as I normally would, and when they lose on top of that-- well, I just didn't listen every day. So then they'd win. Then I'd listen. They'd lose. I can see patterns. I figured I owed it to them to stay away-- clearly I was a jinx. In fact the only live game I've been to this year was in Anaheim, Angels vs. White Sox. Not my home team, not my home city, not my home league. Strange stuff. Thinking about all that made me think about the World Series, which ought to be rolling around just about now, it seemed like.

What kind of baseball fan have I become?

Something I guess I ought to mention here: I love baseball. I really liked it as a kid, although, I think that was as much about the whole experience as it was about the game itself. I didn't really, truth be told, understand baseball. I think I still enjoy a lot of sports that way. It's more about the movement, the dynamics, the personalities-- sometimes it's almost like watching a dance--