Wednesday, April 4, 2018

ok, if you ever wondered just how quickly my skin responds to sun

I don't know how long I've been out here
not too long
my upper arms
were very very white
because, let's face it
they pretty much never see the light of day
I just watched them "tan"
in real time
they are more of a flesh tone
and I mean covered
with tiny tiny freckles
if I stay out too much longer
I'll be burned
but
the way my skin works
it takes hours to develop
by the time it looks a little pink
it's too late
I'm gonna be lobster red
in four or five hours


the rest of my skin is a little safer
from years of sun exposure
sun damage
wow
the freckles are growing
probably need sun screen
my face feels a little tight
I wonder
will I get freckles on my face
I haven't
I don't think
for years
but I did when I was a kid