Monday, February 12, 2018

ok. so why is judy blume everywhere?

I know she's turning 80
and i guess that's cool
also
she has one of those master classes
good for her, absolutely
but
Amanda Palmer is all
blowing her up
tagging everyone who is anyone
oh, and female
I guess that doesn't just go without saying
to talk about Judy Blume's influence on them


ok
I'll have to give it some thought
but
even though I read jb I'm pretty sure
she didn't have any influence on me at all
now
our bodies ourselves
by the Boston women's health collective
them, yes
jb, not so much
does this count as
some way that I'm not right
should she have been a big influence
i thought I had grown through
the point where I had to feel
like I was not quite right
because I didn't really relate
to what all girls relate to


it's ironic
because I don't get that
girl insecurity
am I good enough am I smart enough
do gosh darn it people like me


but
I do get insecure
that maybe
my lack of these really irritating
feelings
maybe I'm not enough of a girl
maybe I'm not REALLY a girl
because then
I should feel
bad about myself
and
I don't think I do
or have
although people have called me
insecure
but
I just don't identify


and
I'm all defensive about it


so
confuding