Sunday, May 24, 2015

i'm thinking about you


i was watching rockstar
which i never saw before
it doesn't really matter, the point is
at the end, there is this song

and i looked and looked for a cover by a woman
but there weren't many
and the one i found weren't good
and after about five pages of youtube search
i'm like
whatever
i'll just post the one with lyrics

all of which made me think of my singing
and that kind of breathy thing i do
do you know what i'm talking about

and i wondered
if you like that
if it's emotive, or just kinda weird
there are other female singers that do it
but
maybe not exactly the same way

i just wondered
because
i think i spent a lot of time suppressing it in choir
and when my voice was all fucked up i couldn't
and when it came back-ish
i think my natural reaction was to go back to "pretty"
but
it is something i've been doing since about second grade
so it's indigenous
and i find myself really playing with it

but
when i was listening to people do covers
i wondered if i am as unaware of myself as many of these people are
and i thought i'd ask you