Wednesday, February 1, 2012

i don't know

part of what i love about you
is how you tell me
what you tell me
but
part of what
holds me
away
is
the
same

and
i always figure
really deep down
that you want me away
away, i am so much more
anything, in fact, that you could want
so
if you
want me
there are  many ways
i don't mean sexual, actually
though
i never intended to
live a life of sexual dessication
i guess that that is what i've chosen
and  that's not the thing you need to get right with me
does that make sense

yesterday
i was working
and i had the strangest sensation
the definite sense
of a phantom ring there
and i don't know where stuff like that
where does that come from, really
i'm a little worn
worse for wear
i love you
but i feel contingent
and i'm not even sure what
i mean by that
do you know what i mean
do you know what you mean
for what, ultimately, am i needed
i don't know
that
and
that
i need