Saturday, October 12, 2019

I'm going to narrate this because I'm getting ready for work and if I sit down and start writing then what's going to happen is I'm going to end up being late to work

I was going through female comedians last night and I was finding that like I couldn't find anybody I thought was funny except for Ali Wong who I've already mentioned I thought was hysterically funny so but I had some theories about why I thought she was so funny to me

and so I examine some earlier videos before she did her special and she wasn't nearly as funny so my theories for me for what I thought was funny bore out is that it had more to do with her expressions and her modulation of her voice and her eye contact with the audience but it had to do with what she was actually saying because a lot of what she was talking about of the kind of things that I normally do not find funny since it's about bodily functions which I generally do not find funny

and in the earlier videos that I saw that were like appearances on shows talk show late night stuff sorry she didn't do that stuff she just talked about you know marriage and getting married and entrapment and that kind of stuff and I normally I don't find that stuff funny either and I didn't on her late night shows like I would never have said oh that Ali Wong she's hysterical from the late night shows

but I mean and I could have liked all those things and write you a big long note about that but that just didn't seem worthwhile. I didn't think you would particularly enjoy that and if I didn't explain it all then it might have made you very confused thinking that that was somehow a message to you right

So then I found Margaret Cho and I guess she worked on that show fresh off the boat with Ali Wong because I'm pretty sure that's Ali Wong show to. And I have watch Margaret Cho since I don't know about 21 years ago or whatever it was that she was popular before and I always liked her I don't know if I would have said oh my God she's the funniest person ever but I saw I've seen some of her stand-up that I thought was pretty funny strangely some of that was about bodily humor too.  So maybe I like bottled humor if it's done the right way she had this thing where she was in traffic in LA and she had a coffee in a bran muffin and she ended up shooting herself in the car and it was pretty funny.  2 really it just said too and I said so.

To the Margaret Cho video apparently I don't say so that sounds like so it's not so much that it was hysterically funny as that it did two things it was a female comedian that was not about sex or indeed guys at all well she does mention that thing about Asian women and Jewish men and I wish that wasn't in there cuz I don't really approve of that but it was the only I think it was the only thing she did in there that was about guys so I let it slide.  but I mean some of the stuff I was watching I really did not like at all did not think it was funny and it was just kind of gross it in some of the Amy Schumer stuff was kind of making me feel really uncomfortable and anyway I didn't have all night but I had watched a bunch of videos and that was one that I was like okay well that's funny enough and doesn't offend me too much. 

I thought it was really interesting because she does use facial expression a little bit but mostly she's got this completely deadpan expressionless face.  And she does use her body when she shows the tattoos and stuff but that's more for some sort of shock value then it is actually funny I think.

So that's my explanation of why I like that video and it's not any kind of like secret coded message about Asian women and Jews that you're supposed to pick up definitely not if I could have edited that part out I would have edited it out but the problem with Mike and things is sometimes you have to like things that you don't completely like anyway I love you and I hope that was not confusing to you and did not make you think that I want you to go get an Asian woman so you can get through the desert quicker.

I love you sweetheart good morning