Thursday, October 10, 2019

Okay I just had a dream and I'm dictating it I have one of those dreams where I'm in a final and I'm not prepared for but instead of freaking out I did something about it

So it was an anthropology final and I knew enough that I maybe could have bullshitted my way through it but I didn't want to do that because I love anthropology

so I was on like a time thing for the test and rather than sitting down and bullshiting my way through the test I drove back to where the professor was thereby ensuring that I was not going to get any grade on the test because I wasn't spending any time working on it and I went to the professor and I said look I have not done a good job on this studying preparing for the test because I have let my life and the things I had to do and the things I didn't have to do but good anyway interfere with my focus on this subject

And I used to be really good but I've been out of college for a while and what I would very much like to do just get an incomplete on this course and take it again and dedicate the focus that I need to make this work because I'm good at this and I think I want to be an anthropologist

And the omniscient narrator of the dream had the professor talking to other professors and they were saying while she used to be really awesome before and the professor was saying I don't see it now and they were like well I don't know

So I don't know what the professors going to say but I cared enough about it to risk total failure to try to do a good job and that was different than I've ever had one of those dreams be cuz they were always just about freaking out

So I don't know what that means I don't think it means I should go back to school and become an anthropologist

I don't really see how it has anything to do with us although maybe I'm just not seeing it yet

but I guess it definitely has to do with my attitude and maybe the most important thing is to have that dream go differently you know what I mean rather than it being a stress dream it was about changing it up I'm saying it's never too late to take ownership and fix something you really care about

Maybe

Anyway that was a dream that was pretty intense and this test was amazing it was it was like this hide that was rolled up and it had all these little sculptures you would have like six sculptures and say which was which of these would you rather find and why or you know something like that it was it was intense it was awesome just looking at the test made me want to study anthropology harder and better and usually those tests are math and I would look at him and just be like I don't know what any of this is but this was like well you know I kind of could bulshit my way through this I know a little bit but I want to know it all who is amazing

and the thing that was counting down the test I mean it was like something in my car was plugged into something and that was I don't know but it was this represented by the circle of like raffia and the circle was counting down from the white raffia to read and so as I'm driving I'm watching this raffia like turn red like it was you no account down kind of thing it was amazing he was amazing and such an amazing dream