Tuesday, October 9, 2018


I think I started brushing my hair back
when I was letting the uber short
shaved back bob grow out
I put some gel in it
when it was wet
and brushed it back
combed it back
and then
I did not brush it out
wet look
this was less popular
than the giant teased asymmetric do
which was so unpopular
that
when I got caught in the rain
and the whole thing fell
into a curly/wavy flat wet do
everyone ran up to me
and said
wow your hair looks great today
I associate people running up to me
when my hair is different
with
we didn't want to tell you how bad
we thought it looked before
so
we'll just effusively praise this
and hope that does the trick
and it might
if I cared what anyone else thought of my hair
I don't though
I never have


I'm doing it for me
and to project something, ya know


but
one day I was talking to my hippy aunt
after I hadn't seen her for a while
and
she had almost always worn her hair
in two side braids
and I was looking at her
same color as mine red hair
and her inch and a half part
and
I'm all like
ok, good warning
no parts
no parts ever


and
I stand by that
I'm not unhappy with that decision