Wednesday, October 31, 2018


very strange dreams
you were cloned four times
and sometimes they moved around
but sometimes
they were packaged like peeps
i slept a long time
and the dream kept cycling around
you came to see me
and for our date
you took me with you
to have a medical check for your trip to space
and I was a little disappointed
so clinical
and you were like
this is boring you?
I thought you'd find it fascinating
and something to the effect
why had you bothered


then
we were at college
I was in college
you were a guest lecturer
or whatever
and young women kept coming up
having you sign things
things they were pulling out of their purses
where are you buying that
I asked
because I hadn't been finding
books and cards and pictures at local stores
and they're all like
this place and that place


then I was going to take you to lunch
and i was hoping for some place
that we could really visit
but you wanted to go to Chick-fil-A


I was feeling
like
maybe I was wrong
and you didn't really love me
but
you looked deep into my eyes
and said
I love you very much
but
this is what I have to give you
and you hugged me
and kissed me on the lips
but in a pure and childlike way
and all your bodily substance seemed
to have left you
and you seemed like Russell Brand physically
although, somehow, it was still you


and then
somewhere in there
I drove you around town
and we took a train
and the peeps
were tomatoes
or
somehow related to tomatoes


I don't know what this all means
maybe it's just depression
and too much sleep
but
I'm kinda upset by this dream