Sunday, April 14, 2013

i don't think this can have been you

because i don't think there had been enough time
for you to have read it
and gone to sleep
and
dreamed it at me

so
maybe
it's me
or
it's god
or maybe
you just thought it at me
really hard

i can't be sure which i believe
but
here's what i dreamed

i was having a stressful dream
i had forgotten to order paper coffee cups
and scott was yelling at me
then i was eating
some kind of exotic tofu dish
when someone
let me know there was a problem with another vendor

then i was sitting at a table
telling someone
that i had a test the next day
and i didn't know what it was over
that there was no hope of better than a C
because i was going to just go off my general knowledge

suddenly
a handsome man leans in:

you and i
we are going to get some cacao smoothies

and i'm all like ok

and then
this woman
who i don't recognize
who has been talking to a group in an adjoining area
she comes over and starts berating me
for not attending to what she's been saying
apparently she's my boss
and she's giving me the test tomorrow

and then
it was 6am
and i had to get up to go to my
wow we just told you about it on friday
work meeting
on my day off

and i said to myself

we are going to be getting cacao smoothies

but
then i thought
maybe it was god
finally deciding to answer me
about what my next step in life needs to be