Saturday, May 12, 2012

circle within circle and homeless embrace

when i went to sleep
it was raining
and the frogs were singing

i went on a journey
i arrived
in alaska
it wasn't very cold
and
the building in front of which  i was standing
looked like a one story version of the alley theater

so
i don't know
i think, i'm pretty sure
alaska's cold

i had this vision quest type ritual
all planned

there was a circle
inside a circle
rough terrain

a huge bird
[or maybe dragon]
would carry me from the outer edge
of the outer circle
to the center of the inner circle

i had this homeless woman with me
she was my homeless woman, i guess
she was kinda dirty and her hair was matted
but she started rubbing her head against my side
like a child imitating a dog

not leave me

no no, now, be good
i'm just going for a day or two
we'll get you all set up
you'll be fine

not leave me
i be good

and
i took her into the building
and
i lost time


i woke up on a bus full of women, singing
the way you sing as a child
on a bus
on a field trip

how did i get here

and
i really had to pee
i can't imagine that i got on a bus
for a long car trip
without peeing first

my homeless woman had jacked me

i was on some sort of women's retreat
song writing workshop

and they were all
like morning people or something

but
what about my circle within a circle
my giant bird