Wednesday, November 1, 2023

I had a weird moment with my mom
she was asking me
if I knew where her oil paints were
and was telling her
they were in the totes under the black table
(in the studio)
probably in the bottom tote
because I tried to organize things
where the things that might EVER 
need to be accessed
we're more accessible than the things
that I was pretty sure would NEVER
need to be accessed

and she started with this weird shit she does

oh you are so cute
which I'm pretty sure is like
WELL BLESS YOUR HEART
but then she went on with something
about little girl and whatever, ya know
since she killed her cat
she talks to me in the same tone, sometimes 
and it creeps me out

so I all bust out with a Uhh Huh

AND she's like
WHY ARE YOU DISSING ME

HOW am I dissing you

You just sounded very dismissive

I just don't know how to respond to that
sometimes you say things
and they don't seem genuine
they seem like
some bullshit you think I want to hear
that doesn't actually
come from anyplace inside of you

all that factors into my response

I COULD NOT STOP MYSELF

do you know what happened?

NOTHING happened
it was like I never said it
it was just sucked into the vacuum of space

this has happened before
BUT
this seemed more dramatic