Tuesday, November 14, 2023

so
therapy is weird
I picked this guy because I found him
years ago for a friend
and the friend seemed helped by it
and he was a sort of behavioral slant
I thought I was gonna waltz in there and just get
strategy and homework

that doesn't really seem to be happening

I don't know if this is a strategy
or if he's just building rapport
BUT
he is seemingly
impressed by me
for lack of a better way to describe it

I'm assertive in a way that is apparently pretty rare
he doesn't think I have low self esteem
I don't think so either
BUT
ya know
nice to get confirmation

and
like I said
strategy
BUT
he's like
you know you're brilliant, right?
AND I'm all like
yeah

I brought in a list
the first session

1.  I don't know what I want
2. I don't set boundaries appropriately *
3. I feel like I just woke up in my life
(like I don't know quite how I got here or how to fix it)
4. Depression

* victim mentality

he had me add 
FEAR
after our discussion last time around the IDK what I want piece

then he gave me a hand out
of his revised and modified version

which included stuff about my mother
and
ANXIETY

I forgot to say
BUT
maybe the fact that it's just down the street
factored in heavily

After
I walked down to the eye doctor
and made an appointment there too