Wednesday, January 23, 2019

i just had a thought that alarmed me and i want to clear something up

one of the things i really like about my communication style with you
is that there can be multiple readings of things
so often i'm like
hey
that could mean that too
i didn't think of that
cool
but

when i say:
you are a beautiful man
and i love you very much
let's leave it at that

i very much mean
my feelings about you
and our relationship
exclusively

however
when i thought about possible readings of this
it occurred to me
you might take it to mean
no comment
on things you are looking for reinforcement for
and
that possibility had not occurred to me before

so
let me say
you are amazing
you have people more qualified than me to tell you
but
it's always been about the words and energy and
and you are so genius funny
"serviceable"
is too self deprecating
but i don't disagree in principle, ya know
on many levels
better than the past
and
it's early
you are unstoppable, ok
i'm very proud of you
please don't let my issues
make you feel like i think you are any less amazing
at what you do, understand
you are one of a kind
full stop
no debate